Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My five month old pikachu puppy is usually very friendly,

Customer Question

Hi, my five month old pikachu puppy is usually very friendly, playful, full of energy, stubborn, and cocky. She has no fear of people and loves to be the center of attention.
Yesterday I noticed a change in her personality. Now she covers and shakes when u walk up to her, I put my hand out to pet her, and she ducked her head like I was going to hit her. She ran away from me and would not come back when I called her name. She acts like she is frightened of me and I don't know why
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 6 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question about your little one. I'm sorry to hear about this recent change of her personality. Can you help me better understand things with some questions? What is her name? Is she still eating and drinking well? How long have you had her? Has anything major changed in the environment since yesterday?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The nvironment is the same, her name is ***** ***** she is very pampered and spoiled, loved. She eats and drinks well. I have had her since she was 3 weeks old

Love the name! Can say I've never had a patient with the same one. She has been in your house / the environment there for quite some time. Do you feel that she may have had interactions with some new individuals yesterday? Any new sounds or smells in the house that are obvious?

I'm not set up to handle a call at this time. I can continue by these means if it is oak with you.