Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

Our dog got into a bag of m&m's. Not sure how much she ate.

Customer Question

Our dog got into a bag of m&m's. Not sure how much she ate. Could of been 4oz to 8oz. She weighs about 13 to 14 lb. didn't realize this till she vomitted. By the looks of it, I think she vomitted it all out cuz there was a lot! She seems calm and is resting in her kennel now. Is it best to call bet and bring her in during middle of night or would observation be ok for now? And should I let her have water?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if bet will be able to digest that. How old is bet?
Customer: 5 years old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about bet?
Customer: Nothing I can think of.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) What types of M&Ms were these?
2) Any diarrhea?
3) Has the vomiting stopped?