Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog ate one ricola coughdrop that had fallen on the

Customer Question

My dog ate one ricola coughdrop that had fallen on the floor. I knew because she was spitting out the wrapper. This happened a couple of hours ago and she seems fine.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Prema and two and a half years old.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Prema?
Customer: She is healthy and active.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your answer now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My dog seems fine. It has been a couple of hours since she ate the coughdrop.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't want a phone call. I'm not sure that my email to just answer was necessary.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If I don't hear back soon, I will have to sign off. I think I made a mistake in contacting this group.

No problem, just typing out your answer now...

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again,

I have worked out an answer for you below,

Good news! The ingredients of these sorts of cough drop are all natural and mostly herbal. There does not seem to be anything that would be toxic to your dog in just one, so it could well be that your dog will not show any adverse symptoms although some dogs might experience a mild transient but of vomiting and or diarrhoea, but this should be nothing much to worry about should it occur.

There are no special measures you need take in this sort of situation.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers