Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My dog has bad toenails and is in severe pain. He is around

Customer Question

My dog has bad toenails and is in severe pain. He is around 1.75 yrs old and about 1oopounds. Will it harm hI'm if I give him a Norco to ease the pain?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Samson.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Samson?
Customer: He is a pitbull and a big teddy bear. He's like my son and it hurts to see him crying
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today.

I'm glad that you asked because Norco contains Acetaminophen which is toxic to dogs. Please do NOT give Samson a dose of Norco.

If you can tell me more about why Samson's toenails are bad, I may be able to help more.

Checking in, JACustomer. How is your companion?