Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

After a nap our 5 year old Toy Poodle recently started

Customer Question

After a nap our 5 year old Toy Poodle recently started holding up her right front paw- does not yelp- and in a short time she's walking normally. We walk close to 2 1/2 miles 3 times or more a week and she's fine when walking. Should we be concerned?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yes, can't find anything and bathed her. Also I move both paws at the knee and she shows no sigh of pain.
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the toy poodle?
Customer: No basically that's it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 month ago.

Hi, this is Dr. Gabby. Did the after nap limping happen just once or does it happen every day?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Everyday for about 3 weeks now
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 month ago.

Ok thank you. And how long does she take to work out of it once she is up and walking?