Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

Why hasn't anyone even the local news let people know that

Customer Question

Why hasn't anyone even the local news let people know that kennel cough is rampant in the Kanawha Valley, WV area?
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, Mindmender. Thanks for your question.

This boils down to what the local news finds to be pertinent information for the public. Due to the fact that kennel cough is not transmissible to people and other illnesses like rabies, lyme disease, etc. aren't regularly covered by the news when cases are discovered, its doubtful that kennel cough will make the radar either, so to speak. If kennel cough is rampant in this area, you may wish to reach out to your local news and see if they will run a story on it. Otherwise, unfortunately, it would seem that more pertinent information will be shared with the public even if the majority of the viewing area are dog owners.

Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: