Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

Just took my dog to emergency vet. He is panting heavy and

Customer Question

Hi, just took my dog to emergency vet. He is panting heavy and wretching with no vomit. xrays showed only slightly enlarged heart. He is a cavalier. His trachea and intestines look obstruction could be seen but he did have a huge amount of air due to panting. stomach is distended. labs were good. liver and kidney function good. Lungs looked okay. Vet gave me some tramadal for pain and a script for reglan. I haven't got that filled yet. no overnight pharmacy around. He has calmed some but is still panting so heavy. I am afraid.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: What.? I think you responded to wrong person
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: he is obese but other wise in good health. This just started. thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience. How can I best help you today?