Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My 45 day lab puppy has been hospitalized due to the

Customer Question

hi, my 45 day lab puppy has been hospitalized due to the parvovirus
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: we took her to the vet yesterday after vomitting and diarrhea. she was tested for the parvo virus and it came out positive
JA: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: no just her normal puppy food and water no other food or drink and she was kept in doors. i only got her last thursay the vet says it might be something she ate at the breeeders im waiting for an update from the vet today to tell me how she is.
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: LAYLA
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about LAYLA?
Customer: 45 day old black lab puppy she was cheerful and playful but slept alot she was fine until yesterday (monday) morning when she started vomitting and at lunch had diarrhea. We took her to the vet at 4 and he kept her in the clinic
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Had Layla had any veterinary visits up to that point for vaccines?
2) How can I best help you today?