Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts
Hello, my name is***** and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian. I am sorry to hear that your pup ate chocolate M & M's. Although chocolate is toxic they do need to eat a certain amount per pound of body weight to get sick.
The good news is that milk chocolate is less toxic than dark, M & M's are not all chocolate, and she's a decent sized dog. So this may not be as bad as it could be.
How much does your pup weigh?
How much chocolate did she eat (1 ounce, 2 ounces?)?
How long ago did this occur?
How is she behaving now?
Does she normally have a sensitive stomach?
Do you have 3% hydrogen peroxide?