How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Gary Your Own Question
Dr. Gary
Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 2933
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Dr. Gary is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

English bulldog, 44 lbs, ate m&ms, Anectdotely, her name is

Customer Question

English bulldog, 44 lbs, ate m&ms
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the English bulldog will be able to digest that. What is the English bulldog's name and age?
Customer: Anectdotely, her name is "Pearl"...
JA: How old is Pearl?
Customer: 3 in October
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Pearl?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian. I am sorry to hear that your pup ate chocolate M & M's. Although chocolate is toxic they do need to eat a certain amount per pound of body weight to get sick.

The good news is that milk chocolate is less toxic than dark, M & M's are not all chocolate, and she's a decent sized dog. So this may not be as bad as it could be.

How much does your pup weigh?

How much chocolate did she eat (1 ounce, 2 ounces?)?

How long ago did this occur?

How is she behaving now?

Does she normally have a sensitive stomach?

Do you have 3% hydrogen peroxide?

Related Dog Questions