Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Veterinarian
Experience:  full time veterinarian at Tender Touch Veterinary Hospital
95569734

Tumor in spleen 4 cm and liver 5cm some evidence of spindle

Customer Question

tumor in spleen 4 cm and liver 5cm some evidence of spindle cell requires surgery revmoval of spleen and some liver tumor. Post surgery Biopsy to determine type . bi;;
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. How old is bi?
Customer: 12 pameranian mix
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about bi?
Customer: 12 lbs
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
have consultation with vet tomorrow (surgery vet) on options and risk, anything I should ask during consultation?. Do you know or where I can find info any info on liver/spleen tumors and surgery outcome, life expectancy?
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 3 months ago.

I am so sorry. Let me help you formulate a list of questions for the surgeon. Since there is a tumor in the liver and the spleen it is most likely cancer of the blood vessels and may be malignant. There are rare cases of benign masses, but not typically in both organs. I would ask your surgeon. 1) how do we know this is cancer and what are most common types of cancer in these locations 2) could surgery achieve a cure 3) if not able to cure, then how long until we see additional masses develop 4) what is the likelihood that he will survive surgery 5) if we choose to do surgery, how long will he be hospitalized and how will you control any discomfort 6) if we choose not to do surgery, how long until he develops more severe problems. There is nothing I can say that will make this any easier. It is obvious that you love him and are trying to do what is best. Please feel free to ask additional questions. Take care.