Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

There is a lump on the bridge of dogs nose, Punky aged 8, He

Customer Question

There is a lump on the bridge of dogs nose
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Punky aged 8
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Punky?
Customer: He did have a sore in his eye over the sleep but looks OK now .
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 3 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....

How long has it been there?

Is it soft or squishy?

Any possibility of injury or trauma?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Only there a few days really I don't know if he injured himself. It's not soft .
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He did also have sore in his eye which look very red after I had taken out sleep in eyes. But don't know if that's anything got to do with it.
Expert:  Lisa replied 3 months ago.

Great. Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it.

Since there was an eye injury that sort of showed up at the same time as this lump on his nose, I can't help but wonder if there's some sort of injury or puncture to that area.

If this were me, I'd keep an eye on it for a couple days. If it gets smaller, then there's nothing to be concerned about...however, if it gets bigger, becomes more swollen, or if he stops eating or becomes lethargic, then you should have your vet take a peek at it, just to be safe.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Lisa
My dog still has the latest lump on his nose but it hasn't got bigger or he has not stopped eating he is in very good form. Do u think I should bring him to vet?
Expert:  Lisa replied 3 months ago.

At this point, I think it's probably a good idea to have it looked at since it's been over a week. And please do me a favor and even after you ate/accept my answer, let me know how it's going and what they find.