Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.

I see that she is shivering only when breathing sleeping,

Customer Question

Hi, i see that she is shivering only when breathing sleeping
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Luna
JA: How old is Luna?
Customer: she is not elatrgy usually sleeps at this time she is 5 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Luna?
Customer: no she seems shivering only when inhaling i just saw it
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Since Luna is only doing this while sleeping, she is probably having some dreams that is causing this. When they are young, they will go into a very deep sleep and will have jerks and twitches and shivering which is all normal, depending on the dream they may be having. If Luna is generally acting healthy and eating well and energetic when awake, this is normal puppy behavior and nothing to worry about.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta