Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

Shes very inactive and barely able to walk and realy lost

Customer Question

shes very inactive and barely able to walk and realy lost her appetite out of nowhere!! the dog is about 7 human years a mini pinscher
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: There are no wounds on her feet but she has been nibbling/scratching at her front two paws for some time before this happened
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Hermes
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Hermes?
Customer: The inside of her ears also look swollen
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She looks bloated
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry that sweet Hermes does not feel well...

This sounds like a metabolic problem since at only 7 yrs, Hermes is appearing bloated, swollen ears and difficulty walking. I fear that this could be symptoms of heart disease, liver disease or other serious metabolic problems. It is hard for me to know without testing how best to help sweet Hermes. It is important that you take Hermes to your vet for blood tests, xrays and possibly other tests to determine the cause for all of these symptoms and then and ONLY then, can treatment be given to help. I wish I could offer more advice with your sweet gal but this case appears complicated with the need for tests.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****