Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

I have a pound puppy who we figure is some sort of border

Customer Question

I have a pound puppy who we figure is some sort of border terrier mix. He is 9.5 years old. Within the past day or two, he's had trouble, which is getting progressively worse, when trying to walk on our tile floor or on cement outside. His hind legs splay out. We've noticed no other issues (pain, seizure, incontinence, nail length, etc) but I haven't checked his eating habits - he and our other dog (chihuahua) have food available at all times, so it's hard to check. He walks normally on regular ground and on carpet.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the terrier's name?
Customer: No seizure.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the puppy?
Customer: I'm not sure y
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Has he had any x-rays taken of his hips and spine?

2) Any history of injury?
3) Is he on any medications at this time?