Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Veterinarian
Experience:  full time veterinarian at Tender Touch Veterinary Hospital

My dog a great dane is having epllipic easurews. Will

Customer Question

my dog a great dane is having epllipic easurews . Will sibenet hwlp?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: gryphon 8yrs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about gryphon?
Customer: he has tremor almost daily.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 2 months ago.

Hi. This is Dr. Hill. I am sorry that Gryphon is having seizures. The best thing to do is allow him to have the seizure and document how long he is actively seizing. If he has never had a seizure before, then he ideally should go to your local emergency clinic tonight. If he is known to have seizures, then as long as the active part of his seizure does not last beyond one minute and he has less than three seizures in a 24 hour period, then you are generally okay to wait until the morning to see your local veterinarian. Great danes are majestic animals. It is very hard to watch them have a seizure. I hope this helps. Please send me any additional questions. take care

How is Gryphon? I have a great dane named Griffin.