Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My 8 yr old female mini schnauzer is starting to have pee

Customer Question

My 8 yr old female mini schnauzer is starting to have pee and poo accidents on my dining room carpet only in the house? I just wondered what could be the cause of this.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Chloe
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Chloe?
Customer: She had surgery for struvite stones when she was 2 but other than that has been very healthy.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome. This is just a short note to introduce myself or to request needed information for your problem. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today. It may take a few minutes for me to type a personal response or type questions regarding your situation. Your patience is very much appreciated.

When did this start happening?

Are you normally home or not home when this happens?

Have there been any changes in her life such as new people, new home, new pets, change in routine, etc?

Has she been checked for stones recently?

Will she eliminate outside if you take her?

What have you tried to stop it?