Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator

I have a 5 year old Bichon frise and last night around 4am I

Customer Question

Hello I have a 5 year old Bichon frise and last night around 4am I heard him screaming in pain, I am not sure if he fell down a couple of stairs but he began dragging his legs. After 5 minutes he walked back up the stairs. But now he's shaking a lot, he is walking but he's walking very slowly. I am not sure what to do. At this very moment I do not have enough to take him to the veterinarian
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Also, he stops shaking when he's with me.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. You need to get your dog into a vet asap if he was dragging his legs as this means there is a disc injury along the spine that needs attention. If this happens again you should seek out an ER Vet if your vet is not open.

The fact that she is shaking now tells me she is in pain.

Here is more on spinal issues.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He hasn't dragged his legs since the incident, Is there anything that I can give him for the pain meanwhile?
Expert:  Sally G. replied 2 months ago.

you can try plain aspirin , no tylenol or Ibuprofen products. Be sure to tell your vet you have used aspirin. this can only be used 2 days before you may see stomach ulcers.

dosing for aspirin.

Expert:  Sally G. replied 2 months ago.
Hi Ellie,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Fluffy. How is everything going?

Sally G.