Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

I have a 9 year old boston terrier. in the last week he's

Customer Question

I have a 9 year old boston terrier. in the last week he's had several seizures that last for approximately 1 minute and coughs up what appears to be flem. Considering taking him to the Vet this morning.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the Boston terrier's name?
Customer: Ted
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ted?
Customer: We currently have a huge brush fire near our city and at first I thought the first couple seizures were due to the smoke..........
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Has Ted had any seizure activity prior to these recent episodes?
2) Any changes in appetite or demeanor?