Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My dog is a 6 mos old chocolate lab. He started throwing up

Customer Question

My dog is a 6 mos old chocolate lab. He started throwing up about 2 days ago. It was about once or twice each day. Now he is panting, licking the floor, restless and he can't keep anything down. He is responsive, wagging his tail, barking (loudly and a lot). No whining.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: He got a new toy that had fabric like a tennis ball. It was made for dogs. Part of the fabric ripped off. I threw it away but it appears he may have eaten more.
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Jameson
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jameson?
Customer: He had emergency surgery April 21st because he ate a razor that he got from under a bathroom cabinet. They had to open his stomach. He has had all his checks and everything healed. No other health issues. He is making a kind of open mouthed burp and cough at the same time and then he throws up. There isn't anything elserious coming up now but he is dry heaving.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Marta Lepes replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I will do my best to help you. I am reviewing your question now and I will post back to you ASAP.

Is he vomiting after eating? Every meal? How soon after eating?

Can he keep anything down?

Is his vomit greenish yellow? Clear mucus?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He is vomiting after food and water. Approximately 10-15 minutes after eating or drinking, he vomits. It appears to be yellow/green (very pale and clear). I'm cleaning it up as it comes out and looking to see if there is anything foreign but so far, he's vomited all food and water. What is coming up seems to be hair. He keeps licking everything.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Now it's hair. It wasn't at first.