Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My dog ate a super small bite of tomcat mouse poison block

Customer Question

My dog ate a super small bite of tomcat mouse poison block should I be concerned.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what your dog ate?
Customer: No I was outside. But it was a very small amount
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: He is about a year old and healthy has had his shots and he us a small dog. About 15 pounds
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. However before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me so could you please answer the following :

1. How long ago did this happen? { how many minutes or hours ago } ?

You can then expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype if this is more convenient for you. Please get back to me if this is more suitable for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Dr Scott