Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

I have an elderly yorkie, she quit eating and I did nutra

Customer Question

I have an elderly yorkie, she quit eating and I did nutra cal and other supplemental paste she'll eat from my hand or I can tear apart a treat she will eat sometimes. Shes still drinking water but mostly sleeps. shes about 15 years old. She every once in awhile will have a little mucus stool. shes been going down hill for awhile now, just can't see well and not many teeth left. Won't eat regular wet food
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Rose
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rose?
Customer: Just shes always been a nervous type. its gotten to where she wont eat at all if we leave her with anyone
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Has Rose had any blood work performed recently?
2) When was her last dental cleaning?
3) Any blood in her stool?
4) Vomiting?
5) When was she last eating normally?