Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

We got back from a hike about an hour ago and now she is

Customer Question

Hi we got back from a hike about an hour ago and now she is vomiting, there are mushrooms in the vomit and has diarrhea
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: Mushrooms from the looks of it
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Emma, o
JA: How old is Emma?
Customer: 9
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Emma?
Customer: From the vomit it looks as though she ate a lot she has thrown up more than she usually does when she's had an upset stomach in the past. She is drinking water and I've given her some treats
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today.

I cannot impress upon you enough the importance of taking Emma to a vet's office that can examine her. Because you do not know what type of mushrooms these are, it's best to assume that they are one of the many varieties that can be toxic to dogs. In some cases, dogs can die from mushroom ingestion. I would err on the side of caution here.

If you need help finding a hospital in your area, please send back your city, state and zip code and I'll get right on it.

Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800