Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Depending on where you are. She has digestive issue that we

Customer Question

Good morning.... depending on where you are. She has digestive issue that we have been working through. But now her rectum seems to be open and dialted and swollen. She has had diaherra again and there has been watery blood at the end of her stool. She is not straining to go
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bella she is 6-7 year old Red Doberman. She is a rescue dog that i have had for a year now. She has had the dieagtive issue since i have had her; but we have been working with our vet.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bella?
Customer: She had HGE in May and spent two days in the hospital. There is one thing that she just started doing is licking her paw incessivaly! This is new along with the dialated rectrum
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Can you please attach a few pictures of her anus where you're seeing the abnormality?
2) Can you tell me more about what methods have been used in working through her digestive issues?
3) Which surface is she licking? Paw side or top of the paws? Any itching on her body?
4) How can I best help you today?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i will send the pictures; she is resting comfortably right now and don't want to disturb her. Can i send them via text back to the number that came through on my cell phone?She has had colsteridum bacteria twice; HGE. She was on antibiotics; then we tried Royal Canine restrictive diet. She is not on the Royal Canine but still has a very restrictive diet.She has just started Friday evening licking the underside of her paw. I have been putting Vetericy VF Wound & Skin care on it then wrapping with soft wrap.I just want to ensure that she is not relapsing into HGE as i know there is a 15% chance of that happening again; and her dialated rectum opening is concerning. There is nothing proturding from the opening it is dilated.

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like tinypic.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, you can post the link back and I can access them.

They will need to be posted here for them to come directly to me.

I'll be near the computer for the next few hours, so don't feel rushed to get the pics back to me. We have plenty of time.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, thank you. Is this nothing to be overly concerned about?

I can't say without pictures, honestly. There's a lot to be said about being able to see what's going on. If she's resting, this is a good sign. It's possible that the dilation you're seeing is concerning, so I'd still like to see what you're seeing when that's possible. I'll be able to better advise you then.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you. i should be able to get the pictures in the next hour or so.

Perfect.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello.I uploaded 2 pics on tinypic, not sure about that though; not sure where they went. They are not the best pictures; but you can she she is dilated about the size of a marker

I'll need you to share the links to the pictures back here. That's how I can access them.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
not sure how this works; can't get it to send to you; here is the link http://tinypic.com/?t=postuploadShould be able to see them; but honestly they are not great pictures

It looks like this is a link to the upload page. There should be a box after the photos that gives you an option to copy the links directly. It won't be a box that is at the top of the page, it will be on the page itself.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
nope
i don;t have face book; or my space or anything like that; so i won't be able to sendwhat is the e-mail address to send it to?

I'm afraid there isn't an email address directly to me. You'd have to go through customer service and sometimes that takes days.

You won't need a Facebook, myspace or any other media to upload. There will be a box that shows up on the tinypic page where you'd copy the link. The link at the top of the page takes you to the upload page, not your pictures. It's generic.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
sorry there is not on my phone; and i am getting frustrated with this. I will just call the vet tomorrow. The pictures are not going to help out any, and if something is seriously wrong i will take her to VHS emergency vet down the way.I will not be using the sight in the future. It should be more user friendly.Thank you

I've asked customer service to process a refund. Good luck with your companion. I hope all goes well.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No; I am not paying 28 dollars to do that. I would rather spend that money on an emergency vet visit if needed.I'm frustrated with the pic thing and want to go be with my baby.