Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My 9 month old border collie pup had a bottle of ibuprofen

Customer Question

my 9 month old border collie pup had a bottle of ibuprofen he was chewing on yesterday and pills on the floor I'm not sure how much he ingested but now he has vomiting and diarrhea but acts fine full of energy running and playing
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the Border collie will be able to digest that. What is the Border collie's name?
Customer: my father is just came on hospice and I can't leave him alone to take him my collie to the vet
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your collie?
Customer: he is eating and drinking but he can't keep anything down
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) What milligram strength are these tablets?

2) Do you have any idea the maximum number he could have consumed?
3) Is the vomit and diarrhea bloody?
4) Is he still trying to eat and drink?