Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

I'm trying to find out if it's ok to give my 16 year old dog

Customer Question

I'm trying to find out if it's ok to give my 16 year old dog cerenia and tramadol at the same time. I'm thinking she may be going into renal failure.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about cerenia?
Customer: She is currently taking 2.5mg steroid once a day, along with Enalapril, and Theophylline, and 100 my otc stool softener
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome, I am Dr. B and would like to help you today.

In regards ***** ***** question, these can both be used together. Though if you do suspect kidney failure, then you will want to have her seen once her vet is open so that potential treatment options ( ie careful fluid therapy, phosphate binders, etc) can be discussed to keep her comfortable.

Please take care,
Dr. B
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Afterwards, please make sure to rate my help ( using the stars or typing a rating) as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you. :)

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?