Christi Belew
Christi Belew, Veterinarian
Experience:  Medical Director at Union Hill Animal Hospital

I look to this site as a last resort. Ive spent 3k taking

Customer Question

I look to this site as a last resort. Ive spent 3k taking both my dogs to the vet and having every test run aside from a ct scan. I rescued a cat that had multiple types of worms she was treated broad spectrum found her a home thought nothing about it. Then my dogs started getting lethargic and i was finding tapeworm segments around the house. They too were treated, 3 times, yet they have gotten worse. Their symptoms are strange and only seen by me as I know how they are supposed to act look and work from home so with them 24 hours a day. 1) huge amounts of hair growth EXCESSIVE both have almost changed in appearance from extra facial and body, ear hair growth. 2) strange symptom.. at times they will have a long (appears to be worm like) hair literally coming out of their eye but I just assume it just a hair that got caught so I don't sound even crazier, but I know its not normal. 3) both have developed these cylinder like rolls on their body that are taking up like space in their bodies. It makes it uncomfortable for them to walk sleep etc..Gracie has such a hard time walking now compensating for this extra weight and mass she almost walks like she's got something up her butt as bad as that sounds. If I didn't know better and for the lack of sounding completely nuts they (these rolls) appear to move at times and a month ago my cocker spaniel threwh up something I've never seen and don't wish to again like a fleshy dead long reptile and i noticed she wasn't so "stuffed" around her neck with the fat type of rolls. But since is even worse. 4) They run into stuff sometimes and don't look at me directly like theyre struggling to see me like their vision is degenerating. 5) Gracie my cocker has gone from an 10 year old that the groomers and vets thought was just 3 or 4 as they have always ate the best food and been given excellent health care and love.. She has literally aged 10 years n 2 months. Sleeps all the time they both look miserable and always sleeping and i have to be on top of Gracie to get her to hear me. Always drags their but after they potty but anal glands are fine and test negative for worms. Only thing I find in their poo is hair? a lot of hair.. and little white flakes sometimes. Im not crazy I'm educated have a successful business and had Gracie 12 years with not one medical complaint yet I get no help and lately get the "oh the crazy lady who thinks her dogs have giant worms is back" look. but I fear if I take them to the vet again their going to call doggy cps or think I'm a hypochondriac. Please hep. Thank you Rhianna (crazy worm lady)
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about doggy?
Customer: That about covers it speed reader lol
Category: Dog
Expert:  Christi Belew replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I'd like to help you and your furbabies. I'd like to ask a few questions.

1. What dewormer has been used for the tapeworms?

2. Are your dogs on a monthly flea prevention?

3. Do they like to dig out in your yard (there is a type of tapeworm that lives in the soil)

4. When the testing was done by your vet, did they have a thyroid panel run?

5. Any change in appetite? Have you changed their food?

6. Normal stools? Any vomiting?

Hello, I wanted to follow up and see how everyone was doing. I did not receive any replies or questions back.