Dr. G.
Dr. G., Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian
71397578

I found the tomcat mouse killer bag torn open & some of the

Customer Question

I found the tomcat mouse killer bag torn open & some of the blocks were chewed on by my 85 pound bulldog. Not sure if he ate any or not. I have a 10 lb schaunzer also, but she didn't seem interested in the tomcat blocks.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the bulldog will be able to digest that. What is the bulldog's name and age?
Customer: Buck is 2 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Buck?
Customer: No not that I can think of
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 3 months ago.

Tomcat Mouse killer contains bromethalin, which is a neurotoxin with no antidote. This can lead to severe CNS disease including seizures. How long ago did your dog potentially eat this?

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 3 months ago.

If it has been within 4 hours of ingestion, I would induce vomiting in both dogs. This can be done with 3% hydrogen peroxide given orally, however it would be best to get them to a vet tonight as you do want to follow this up with a dose of activated charcoal to bind up any toxin that remains. The dose of hydrogen peroxide is one teaspoon per 5 lbs of body weight. I would make both vomit to be safe and never keep any rat poison in the home as dogs unfortunately eat it all the time and can get very very sick from it.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 3 months ago.

I just wanted to check in. I never heard back from you. How is Buck doing? Is there anything else I can help you with? Please feel free to reply back at your convenience and let me know if there is anything more I can do for you. Also, please feel free to leave positive feedback for this conversation at any time so we know you no longer require continuing this conversation. I wish you and your dogs the best. Have a great day!

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again.

I noticed you have not accepted or rated this conversation yet and I wanted to see if there was anything else I could help you with.

Please feel free to reply back at your convenience and let me know if there is anything more I can do for you. Also, please feel free to leave positive feedback for this conversation at any time so we know you no longer require continuing this conversation. I wish and your dogs the best. Have a great day!