Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

She is having problems swallowing food and water. She is not

Customer Question

She is having problems swallowing food and water. She is not dehydrated at this time, but is starting to be depressed and lethargic. No changes to environment or food.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. It could be an infection. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: She is 2, her name is nissa. We have taken her ro a local vet and they did not find anything. They gave us some antibiotics and anti naseau medicine for 4 days.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about nissa?
Customer: She is husky/border collie mix, usually very active.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. However before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me so could you please answer the following :

1. Please describe how she acts when she tries to swallow food or water?

2. Did the local vet run any tests? If so what were they?

You can then expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype if this is more convenient for you. Please get back to me if this is more suitable for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Dr Scott