Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My black lab ate a 50g bleach tablet for the toilet tank?

Customer Question

JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: shadow, 2 1/2
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about shadow?
Customer: He weighs almost 90 lbs
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) What is the brand and name of the product that was consumed?
2) How long ago was it consumed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I bought it from the dollar store about a month ago. Its not a name brand product
It was consumed about an hour ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you still there?

I need the name and brand off the packaging. The fact that it is an item that is comparable to others like it is irrelevant. The information off the package will allow me to look up the ingredients to determine if it is toxic or not.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Its "TheHome Store Toilet Bowl Cleaner"

Try as I may, JACustomer, I do not find a published MSDS sheet for this particular item. I have checked 6 resources. These are often marked as non-toxic to dogs with us expecting vomiting, diarrhea and the like. I would take this opportunity to contact poison control, if I were in your shoes. I will go ahead and opt out at this time to see if another expert might have experience with this brand of product or otherwise be able to find an MSDS sheet. Good luck!