Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

I have a 6 mth old chiweenie who is with an black freckles

Customer Question

I have a 6 mth old chiweenie who is white with brown an black freckles on her skin . On the outside area of her right eye is always pink an lately her eyes are watery an a little discharge now . It also looks like one of the black freckles in that right eye is coming out from under her eye lid an looks like it's pulling the eye lid . Do I need to be concerned?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: Only that she has had a couple hard hits to her little head from running into the steps an falling off the bed . She's so tiny an you could tell it really hurt her when they both happened. She will hold her mouth open as if she's silently screaming . My poor little girl is still so active . I love my baby's an I'm afraid she's hurt Herself . Oh an when she drinks sometime I thought she was inhaling the water up her nose because she makes a noise like she's trying to blow water out of her nose but I have seen her do that without drinking . Please help I love my baby's .
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Can you attach pictures of the eye area that concerns you?
2) Is she on any medication?