Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian
Experience:  emergency and critical care resident

She's porking out at night. 13 yrs old, swollen lower

Customer Question

She's porking out at night. 13 yrs old, swollen lower stomach area. I wonder if she has a lot of worms. I have to take her out potty a lot now too
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Mokka
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mokka?
Customer: She old, has a hard time getting up stairs, sleeps most of the time, very little standing and R R leg/hip is problematic. The foot is kind of twisted outward. She did alright but as she got older she limped more. We got her at 1 yr or, leg was like that.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Ellie replied 2 months ago.

HI there, I would love to help you with your dog's issue. May I get a little more information? Is your dog drinking more than normal and urinating more than normal? Is her coat thinning or is she losing hair? Has she had blood work performed or been diagnosed with any conditions recently or in the past?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?