Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian
Experience:  emergency and critical care resident

She does have worms and i want to treat with panacur but she

Customer Question

she does have worms and i want to treat with panacur but she currently has diarrhea since worms appeared in stool. can i still go ahead and treat
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Delillah she is 3.5 months old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Delillah?
Customer: no
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Ellie replied 2 months ago.

HI there,

I am sorry to hear that your puppy has worms. To answer your question, yes you can treat with panacea despite diarrhea. Was this prescribed by your veterinarian?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No it was not.

Using the proper dosage is important, although panacur has a wide safety margin, using the right dose and having a veterinarian examine Delilah can make sure that the worms are killed and the dog is being treated for the proper worms. There are some worms that Panacur will not kill. Do you know what kind of worm they are?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Long white skinny. She is going to vet within next few days for more shots and another stool sample. And from previous pets its 1 gram per 10 lbs? Feel free to correct me if i am wrong

I use a dose of 50 milligrams per kilogram, the actual amount you will give depends on the concentration and formulation of the product you are giving as it comes in a powder and liquid form.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?