Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My pap papillon just was bitten by a dog in his left leg and

Customer Question

My pap papillon just was bitten by a dog in his left leg and it is healing and now his left ear is twitching
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the dog bleeding a lot?
Customer: No
JA: Phew. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: But he is also on chemo and prednisone
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: No
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He's 12 and his name is Gizmo
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. I need clarification for "twitching", please. Is this an occasional twitch as might be seen with an itchy ear or is this a rhythmic twitch which might indicate a tremor or simple partial seizure?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's a more constant twitching.
He had been bitten a week ago and this just started. Is it related to that or could it be neurological?

Thank you. Constant twitching would be neurologic - a type of tremor called sporadic myoclonus which defines sudden contraction of a muscle group such as a facial twitch or limb jerk. This may be benign or may represent focal seizure activity. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?