Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

She just had a toe removed, mast cell tumor (spelling), and

Customer Question

She just had a toe removed, mast cell tumor (spelling), and while we were out she got at her wound and took out the stitches. I am torn between taking her to the emergency hospital or just getting some hydrogen peroxide and bandaging it up until tomorrow
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the dog bleeding a lot?
Customer: no blood
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Indy, 11
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about indy?
Customer: Nope, she is in good health for her age. 80 lbs and it doesn't look like she is in pain
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome,This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks. I just want to know if this is something which requires an emergency vet or I can get her taken care of tomorrow. It is not bleeding, just open.
Hello again,I have worked out an answer for you below.To be honest you have nothing to loose by just cleaning the wound with warm salt water and then covering it in some way.The chances are it will be just fine overnight, and you can see your own vet tomorrow.Also I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get back in touch with me if your dog's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.Regards, *****
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thank you
No problem, very glad to be advising you, as long as it is not bleeding much it should be just fine overnight.Regards, *****

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Indy is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the wound on her foot ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.