Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

Shes a chow puppy and has been chewing on hostas. No

Customer Question

Shes a chow puppy and has been chewing on hostas. No vomitting but concerned because i just read they are toxic
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what the puppy ate?
Customer: She chews on hostas
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the puppy?
Customer: Shes 9 weeks old and acts fine but just concerned. Should i give her anything
Category: Dog
Expert:  Candy replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help.

The Hosta plant is considered mildly toxic to both dogs and cats. It can cause vomiting, diarrhea and even depression however there are no concerns with serious problems such as organ failure.

As long as she is acting fine then I would not be to concerned. I would however work on training her to not eat any type of plant. If needed you could try using a bitter apple spray from the pet store or even spraying the plant with vinegar or lemon juice so that the plant is not so tasty to her.

I hope this helps to ease your mind. Please reply back if you have additional questions and I will be happy to continue.

If you have no additional questions please take a few moments to provide a rating . Rating indicates that you are finished with this session and prompts Justanswer to compensate me for assisting you today. I am not compensated for my time until you provide a rating.
Candy

Expert:  Candy replied 3 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Candy