Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

I am considering adopting a dog that is being treated for

Customer Question

I am considering adopting a dog that is being treated for heart worm. Are there long term risks to his health?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: He is 2 and a lab cross. His name is Chester.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Chester?
Customer: I don't think so. He is a rescue but has been vetted.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dwight Alleyne replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Do you know if during the vetting process if any bloodwork or x-rays were performed on Chester?