Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

Labrador Retriever. 1.25 years old. I think he may have

Customer Question

Labrador Retriever. 1.25 years old. I think he may have eaten part of a cork last night. Maybe something else. He seems to be trying to throw up but nothing comes up. He did eat his breakfast this morning with no problem. Besides the periodic dry heaves he seems to be fine. Many thanks! Jim
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if Jim will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jim?
Customer: That's it.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Is he still active and playful?
2) When did he last vomit?
3) Any stool changes?
4) Any problems producing stool (straining, posturing for a long time, etc).