Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

I have a 12 year old yorkie that is not herself since

Customer Question

i have a 12 year old yorkie that is not herself since yesterday morning, she seems very lethargic and wont come out of her crate even when prompted. She had thrown up last night some of her kibble. When I took her outdoors she was walking / limping like crazy and at times would just sit in one place and not move.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: nope she is a very healthy active dog that recently since we have moved from a large city to a small city she has seemed out of sorts anyways having accidents when you just talk to her. We have given her the space she needs thinking she just needed to get use to this. We moved 6/27/16.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please note that since the passing of her buddy mate in December another female companion she would run and play outside she was my tomboy, its almost like shoe lost her pecking order. Than we move in June and add a puppy boxer to the mixture. She does not like and has had fights with. The other dogs seem to be ok she does not. Could it be arthritus, she has limped in the past but it was NEVER consistant or even on the same leg we would joking say she wants attention. NOW when she walks its almost leaning and refuses to walk on her right foot.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) How has she done since your post?
2) Any more vomiting?

3) Do you have video to share of the limping?
4) Is she on any medications at this time?