Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I have a small dog - he is tibetan dog. He was unwell and

Customer Question

Hi I have a small dog - he is tibetan dog. He was unwell and his blood test shows elevated liver enzymes around 119. What should i do
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: His SGPT is 119.2
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: He was vomitting so sent him to the vet.
JA: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: the doctor got his blood test done. His liver enzymes are eleveated
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Rio
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rio?
Customer: He is almost 8 years old
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

Rio's SGPT (ALT) is not significantly elevated at 119. In general, that liver enzyme needs to be elevated 2-3X over high normal to be considered significant. Can you upload a copy of all of Rio's test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy at home but Rio's vet can give you one which you can scan into your computer and then give me the file link or you can photograph the pages and upload them by using the paperclip icon (if you can see that icon) or by using an external app such as dropbox.com/

How long has he been vomiting? Which other symptoms are present - inappetence, vomiting, etc?