Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }

My daughter's Maltese ate 300mg Neurontin.

Customer Question

I think my daughters Maltese ate one of my 300mg Neurontin
He is 2 yrs old. He is around 6 pounds I think.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 2 months ago.
How long ago did this happen, how many minutes or hours ago?
You can then expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype if this is more convenient for you. Please get back to me if this is more suitable for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
15-20 min ago
That's quite an overdose for a little dog, so this would be quite a cause for concern, however one of the best things you can do in this sort of situation is to make your dog vomit immediately and try recover the drug that way. If you can do this within the first hour after ingestion then things should be OK. For the sake of speed I will give you a link on how to do this best : LINK
Also be aware that an ER vet will be able to quickly induce vomiting with prescription drugs
However given the amount of the overdose if you fail to quickly induce vomiting then you should have your dog checked over by an ER vet without delay.
Also I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if your dog's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.