Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts
Hello, my name is***** and I will do my best to help you. I am reviewing your question now and I will post back to you ASAP.
How long ago did he ingest the Requip? (hours/minutes)
Is he showing any unusual behavior?
That's good news because we can induce vomiting and quickly get rid of it
What we need for Goldy is his weight and hydrogen peroxide that has not expired for more than 1 year.
OK. I assume that the hydrogen peroxide is not too old.
Give hin 3 tablespoons in milk or a small amount of tasty food. He should
vomit in 10 to 15 minutes.
Do you have the hydrogen peroxide?
Well, i wouldn't use it.
Can you get some that is not expired? It's available at any pharmacy and most supermarkets.
The dose that he ingested should not be a problem for a normal heathy dog.
However I am always very cautious because I don't want any possibility of a reaction.
And some dogs are more sensitive to the Requip.
I'm afraid that I have to sign off soon.
I still recommend inducing vomiting if you can do it within 1 12 hours of Goldy ingesting the Requip.
If the dosage I gave you doesn't induce vomiting in 15 minutes, you can repeat the dosage one more time.
If he still does not vomit, watch for agitation and rapid heart rate and breathing. If the symptoms are severe (very unlikely ) take him to an emergency clinic.
I will check back in an hour or two.
If you have any questions please post them.
When we are done kindly rate this service.
A toxic dose would be 3 or 4 tabs.
That is 1½ hours.
Please tell me what you decided to do.
I hope that the information I provided helped you come to some decision.
Thanks for the update. How is Goldy doing?