Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My mini schnauzer is having wet skin on her stomach and back

Customer Question

my mini schnauzer is having wet skin on her stomach and back loosing hair and I know she is allergic to fleas the advantage isn't working and we sprayed our yard and house
JA: Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sadie and she is 10
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sadie?
Customer: she saw my local vet 1 month ago he said he didn't want to give her cortisone and told me that the sand fleas have gotten on the wild life by me and are bringing them in my yard I have been giving her oatmeal baths and Benadryl but she is worse
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) When was the advantage first applied?
2) Have you tried any other products?
3) What other methods are being used to rid the area of fleas?
4) Can you please further describe the wet skin on her stomach, and post pictures, as well?