Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Visited vet earlier today cashew our chuahua. She has been

Customer Question

Visited vet earlier today cashew our chuahua . She has been lethargic and runny poop for 3 days.+ fever 40 was perscribed ointment and drops for an eye abscess and liquid antibiotics for possible gi infection. Cashew now has in 6 hours developed a cherry size soft lump under her ear on same side as eye infection
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: Seems like a drug reaction
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Do you think there is any chance he got an insect sting/bite since the visit?

Is the lump sore to the touch? Any wounds at this site now or in the past few days?

Can you confirm the lump isn't under the jaw?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.