Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My daughgterr accidently pokrd my yorkies dog eyes she dont

Customer Question

My daughgterr accidently pokrd my yorkies dog eyes she dont open thrm idk if it was both one idk ehat to do
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Barbie shes 2
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Barbie?
Customer: No thats all
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I nesd help.someoen
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Is she closing both?

Can you open the eyes and check the eyeball?

Any clouding, hazing or dents in the eyeball?

Any tearing?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
there both cllosing she wotn open them she has like a discharge on it its white im really worried please hwlp me what do I do
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Her wyes are wattery idk how did my baby poke her eyes im really worries
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It looks like cloudy I think
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you,

Are they both cloudy?

Was it white clear or white mucoid discharge?

After you answer these, it will take me a few moments to compose a treatment plan, so please do be patient.

Dr. B.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
She has the other eye is white normal . just it was liek clear discharge its on her eyelid now. Its her right eye .
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you,

Now I share your concern because eyes are very delicate. As well if you are seeing clouding that would be a sign of corneal inflammation and does support eye irritation and inflammation. As well, tearing does fit with that (where white mucus would raise more concern of brewing infection).

In this case, if the clouding is severe or you can see any scratches/dents in the eyeball then we’d want her seen urgently. The local vet can stain the eye to see the extent of damage and start treatment to heal any ulcers or damage. Often this just means eye drop based treatment but if severe we do sometimes have to surgically address these

Otherwise, if you aren’t seeing that and her signs are mild you can flush her eye with eye-safe saline. This can be purchased OTC as first aid eye wash or plain contact lens solution. These can be used 2-3 times daily to just flush bacterial and any material in the eye as well as soothe it. Of course, if the clouding doesn’t’ settle or worsens at all, we’d again want a check with the local vet to ensure we settled this as quick as possible.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
saline is it specifically for pets or for us ppl . And you said contact lenses clear eye drops
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hi again,

Saline is universal, that is why I said plain contact lens solution could be used. Its antibiotic eye drops that may need to be procured via your vet since those are pet specific.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok so I could use just the ones we use right . ? Hold on there pets eye drops or I dont get it
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

You can use either that I noted or a saline based pet eye drop (though those tend to cost more but do the same job). In regards ***** ***** drops specifically those are prescription (OTC ones are rubbish) and need to come from a vet.

Dr. B.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

nekovet