Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

3 dewormer pills should have been one

Customer Question

3 dewormer pills should have been one
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about this situation. Can you tell me specifically what dewormer pill was given? What are the active ingredients in it and the amounts? How much does Bruno weigh? How long were the 3 pills given?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
heartgard plus 25 lbs chewables merrmectin pyrantel
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not want to call just an answer please
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
pleas cancel now

I'm very sorry my computer cut out on me. I would like to let you know that the medications in the Heart guard plus are very, very safe in this type of a situation. For a dog to get 3 total of the size range that is supposed to be for him, that wouldn't be a toxicity situation and shouldn't cause any noticeable issues at all. I probably get a call at my ER once a month or so about a situation very similar to this. There shouldn't be a problem from it. The big thing I tell owners is that they need to do the next dose one month from now as it doesn't extend out coverage any longer than if they had gotten the normal dose.