Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

He is abruptly favoring one hip, shaking it and crying. He

Customer Question

He is abruptly favoring one hip, shaking it and crying. He dies it sporadically after walking around.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Wolfgang
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Wolfgang?
Customer: No. Hes almost 8, fy
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It started 2 days ago, it is sporadic. Can find no injury, bite mark or anything
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The ussue seems to be right at the juncture if hus rear keft leg and hip
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Can you please attach a short video showing what you're seeing?

2) What breed is Wolfgang?
3) Is he active?
4) Is he still using the limb aside from the occasional episode of holding it up or complete non-use?
5) Is he on any medications at this time?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I cant get a video until he does it again, but i will then. He is an almost 8 year old mini schnauzer
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No medications, yes fairly active. We actually thought me might have slipped on some water yesterday and perhaps pulled something
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
He gets walked like 4 times daily and we have a yard so yes active

There's no rush and no time limit on our discussion. A video will help me see what you're seeing.

Is he still using the limb aside from the occasional episode of holding it up or complete non-use?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Still using limb. Just occasionally has episodes where he kind of squat walks and shakes it and cries
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hes taken to sleeping in the areas he goes to when he isnt feeling great, you know what i mean

I absolutely do. I'll be interested in seeing the video. It sounds like you may be correct that some form of misuse has caused him to be tender in this area. I'll keep an eye out for your future posts.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thanks. Will return when i have the video

Great!