Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

Puppy 12 weeks old is thowing up I have 25 mg promethoazine

Customer Question

puppy 12 weeks old is thowing up I have 25 mg promethoazine injectable how much can I give her and do I do it underskin or in the muscle
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: not named its a puppy I selling
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about its?
Customer: Puppy was fine this morning running around. Then suddenly started throwing up. She is walking around so I don't think it was a sugar drop
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your puppy. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Promethazine is not a drug I would recommend for a puppy. It has not been used or studied much in dogs, according to my drug book, so you would be experimenting with the dose and the side effects and I would not recommend doing that to such a young dog. Fatal respiratory depression has been seen when it was used in young children and I would be worried about the possibility of something similar in a puppy.

You could give famotidine (Pepcid AC). How much does the puppy weigh?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

I have not heard back from you; I hope you were able to see my response. How is he doing?

Let me know if this was helpful and if I can answer any other questions.