Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

I have a 12 years old chihuahua. she had poo normal color

Customer Question

I have a 12 years old chihuahua. she had poo normal color second she had very white. Do I need take her vet ?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. If this is not normal for the dog and the dog has not eaten anything out of the ordinary, such as bones which contain calcium, I would keep an eye on it and see if it reverts back to normal in the next two stools, If not I would bring the dog and a stool sample into the vet as white in color can mean there is a problem with the pancreas,liver, or the intestinal tract such as bad bacteria. You can try giving some plain greek yogurt for bad bacteria and see if that helps.

Here is a good link on the four C's of stool. http://www.vetstreet.com/our-pet-experts/what-you-should-know-about-your-pets-poop