PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

We put heavy garden lime on our dogs yard today and watered

Customer Question

We put heavy garden lime on our dogs yard today and watered it good. The ground is still wet an a few spots didnt dissolve. Is it safe now to put my dogs on it?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Baloo 4
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Blood?
Customer: Gabe 10
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today.

The active ingredient in garden lime is calcium carbonate which does not often pose a heavy risk for dogs even if they ingest it. I would not recommend allowing them to eat any that hasn't dissolved, but you should see little, if any, issue from them walking on it.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page:

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?