Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I thought she had a urinery infection 5 days ago. She

Customer Question

Hi...i thought she had a urinery infection 5 days ago. She doesn't but was prescribed some steroid cream around where she sees as she kept licking herself
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name?
Customer: 2-3 days later it hasn't gone so vets prescribed Rilexine
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rilexine?
Customer: she doesn't want to walk and pees where she is laying down...seems very lathargic doesn't want to move much
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) How old is she and what is her name?
2) Was a urinalysis performed at the physical exam?
3) Is she wearing an e-collar?
4) Is she eating and drinking well?
5) Any vomiting or diarrhea?
6) How was she feeling before the rilexine?